Standardizing Training Center Curricula and Related Syllabus at Multiple Centers of One Training Company
1. prerequisites and coordination requirements. This task will require coordination with lead center, associate center, and national TCPMs.
2. references, forms, and job aids.
· Federal Register 61 34508, July 2, 1996
C. Job Aids.
A. PTRS. Open a PTRS entry.
(1) The TCPM for the lead training center will open a PTRS code 1368 and enter code 1369 into the PTRS tracking field.
(a) In the comment section, enter the lead training center agency certificate number and the 1368 PTRS record identification number.
(b) Notify all TCPM of associated training centers via e-mail the 1368 PTRS record identification number.
(2) Each TCPM of associated training centers will open a PTRS record using code 1370 and enter 1369 in the tracking field. In the comment section enter the lead center certificate number and the PTRS record identification number.
B. Approval Process.
(1) Training Company Initial Action.
(a) The hosting 14 CFR part 142 parent training company submits a revised core or specialty training course curriculum, either prior approved, initial, moved or added, to the company’s designated lead training center manager.
(b) The training center manager shall distribute the training course curriculum to the company associated training center manager.
(c) The lead and each associated training center manager shall reach consensus on the training course curriculum indicating it meets acceptable training standards, appropriate Practical Test Standards, handbook guidance, and regulatory compliance.
(d) Upon the consensus of all affected company training center managers, the lead training center manager shall circulate among the associated training center managers, a master curriculum title page. The master title page will contain a separate signature acceptance block for each approving training center manager. The acceptance block shall include:
i. Name of the lead and each associate training center,
ii. Agency certificate number,
iii. Date of TCM acceptance, and
iv. The word accepted above and with the TCM printed name, position title, and signature line.
(e) The TCM will complete the block information on the master curriculum title page in black ink. After the master title page has been accepted by all review TCM, the lead TCM will provide to each TCM a copy of the page to insert into the curriculum book. Each TCM should keep their curriculum book, minus the title page, until the signed page is provided by the lead TCM. Curriculum usage is prohibited until final FAA approval. Final approval is indicated by TCM Approval signatures on the List of Effective Pages.
(f) After the signed master title page is received back from the TCM, the lead TCM shall insert the signed title page into each curriculum book prior to submitting to the lead center TCPM for FAA review. The company lead TCM will submit the curriculum to the TCPM of the lead center for distribution to the TCPM of the associated training center(s).
(g) When a lead TCM submits a request for FAA curriculum approval, the request shall be made in writing and only to the TCPM, or designated representative, of the lead center. The request shall contain:
i. The curriculum book with the TCM accepted with date and signatures affixed to the title page,
ii. A list containing the name and telephone number of the lead and each associated TCM,
iii. Aircraft type or simulator level,
iv. Location and category of training,
v. Tracking page with the date of submission, and
vi. A copy of the request to forward to the NTCPM for tracking and reference.
(2) FAA Initial Action.
(a) The TCPM of the lead center shall accept the proposed training curriculum from the training company’s lead training center manager. The TCPM of the lead center shall distribute the curriculum book to all reviewing TCPMs within 10 work days of receipt, and provide a copy of the curriculum approval request form (paragraph 3A(1)(g) above) to the NTCPM.
(b) After concurrence is reached within the FAA to approve the curriculum, the TCPM of the lead center will circulate among all approving TCPM a master List of Effective Pages. The page shall contain a preprinted approval block for each reviewing TCPM to sign. The approval block shall include space for completing blocks titled:
i. Training center agency number.
ii. Blank space for the word, approved.
iii. Date line.
iv. FAA Title line.
v. Name print line.
vi. Signature line.
(c) After a final consensus or concurrence to approve the curriculum by either the reviewing TCPM, the NTCPM, or CHDO manager, the approving FAA representative shall sign in black ink the master List of Effective Page and return it to the TCPM of the lead center. The TCPM of the lead center will place the original signature page into his or her curriculum book and forward a copy to each TCPM and TCM of all associated centers for insertion into their curriculum books. Each TCPM shall keep the curriculum book and insert the List of Effective Pages containing the original TCPM, NTCPM, or CHDO manager signatures upon receipt. The TCPM of the lead center will supply the approved List of Effective Pages to the company lead TCM for distribution to all TCM who signed the title page.
(3) Training Company Final Action. Upon receipt of the approved List of Effective Pages, the TCM shall insert the page into their curriculum book and provide a copy to all accepting TCM for insertion into their books.
C. Moving or Adding Associate Centers.
(1) The training company must notify its TCPM of plans to add, delete, or convert a pre- approved training curriculum associated with a group of training centers having an existing standardized curriculum or training program. The notified TCPM that will be affected by the action shall report such planned company training activity to the NTCPM. Upon request from the affected TCPM, the NTCPM will provide a list of lead and associate centers for reference.
(2) When associate centers are added or moved after a standardized-curriculum is approved, the lead center of the training company will provide the new center a copy of the approved curriculum. A TCPM original signature, title and date on the curriculums List of Effective Pages signifies the approved curriculum. If there is no List of Effective Pages, the lead training center TCPM will show approval by having each associated TCPM stamp each page of their respective training center curriculum FAA- Approved.
D. Approval of Revisions to Currently Approved and New Curriculum.
(1) The TCPM of the lead center will accept and review revisions for approval on a regular cycle either from the TCPM or the TCM of the associated training center.
(2) All revisions must indicate a change bar in the margin, indicating the revised areas.
(3) All original and revised pages must include the month, day, and year of the revision.
(4) An updated change notice listing should be included with each revision. This listing should include the change number and date of the revision.
(5) Prior to approving any revision, all TCPM of associated centers must review and concur with the revision. This concurrence should be achieved within 15 work days of submission. (Concurrence will be reached using the process as described for concurrence on curriculum above.)
(6) Revisions must not be implemented without review and concurrence of all TCPMs and TCMs affected by that change.
E. Close PTRS Entry. At the conclusion of the approval process, all TCPM will close their open records and open another record with PTRS code 1369 to close the certification process. Enter your respective training center agency certificate number.
4. task outcomes.
A. Approval of Curriculum.
B. Addition or Relocation of Associate Centers.
C. Non-concurrence of Training Program.
D. Approval of New or Current Curriculum Revision.
5. future activities. n one .